This has been an interesting process; sifting through information and deciding whether something will be a trend or shift into the archive room as just a good idea. Manoeuvring through the various predicted trends from various sources, I have identified a few that just jump out of the page at you.
- Open source learning-MOOCs
- Learning analytics
- Mobile devices
- Personal Learning Environments
- Content Marketing: An emerging Educational Apps market
- Cloud Technology
- 3D Printing
- Redefining financing for education-apprenticeships
- Alternate credentialing
- Remote Learning Labs/Virtual Learning Labs
- Tools to help with navigating, managing and sifting massive data
- Self Publishing
Jeff Cobb talks about providing an experience rather than just content to enable life long learning. As I see it; it is about providing someone with a future and a hope!
- Mind Shift: How we Learn
- Tagoras: Trends and Strategies for the education business
- Pearson- Blue Skies: New Thinking about the future of higher education
Starkey, K. and Hall, C. (2012). The spirit of leadership: New directions in leadership education, in S. Snook, N. Nohria and R. Khurana (eds.) The Handbook of Teaching Leadership. Knowing, Doing, and Being, Los Angeles: Sage.